Large Intestine LI 4
Location: On the dorsum of the hand, between the 1st and 2nd metacarpal bones, in the middle of the 2nd metacarpal bone on the radial side.
Categorization: Yuan-Source point of the Large Intestine Meridian
Command Point of the head and face
- Diseases of the head and face: i.e. external pathogenic headache and bodyache, dizziness, congestion, swelling and pain of the eye, nasosinusitis, epistaxis (nosebleed), toothache in the lower jaw, trismus (lockjaw), deafness, mumps, swelling of the face, facial paralysis, facial tic, swelling of the pharnyx and aphonia (inability to speak).
- Aversion to cold, fever, febrile disease, anhidrosis (no sweating), hidrosis.
- Dysmenorrhea, amenorrhea, dystocia (difficult or abnormal labor/childbirth).
- Gastric pain, abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, dysentery.
- Hemiplegia, finger spasm, pain in the arm, infantile convulsion, manic psychosis, and irritability.
- Malignant sore, urticaria, scabies.
- Every type pf pain and psychogenic tense.
Purposes: strengthens immunity, stops pain, regulates the face and head area, induces labor.
Side Note: LI 4 is a common and useful point. It is useful for any condition related to the face and head. It is also particularly useful for the flu. Finally, LI 4 is known as the pain point in the body. Anywhere there is pain, use LI 4.